Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Declaration of Independence


Undefinable laws of nature - an object begins to move, slows down, speeds up, comes to a stop, or changes direction only when some force acts on the object; for every action force there is an equal and opposite reaction force.

The formula is Force = mass x acceleration. F = m x a.


If we just remember the simple law of physics (simple in explanation. Not dismissing its complexity) and apply it to how we live our lives and make decisions, no one would ever ponder if karma exists or cry about it when one gets to experience it. Karma is a term we often use to describe unpredictable trajectory that our existence and resultant actions lead us to. Life is dynamic and chaotic in nature. All we can do is to be aware that our actions taken, words spoken, and beings of today are leading us to a path of the future.


So here I am learning that I am no exception to the rule. I find myself puzzled in where I am today, struggling to figure out how I got here or what happened. I am sad. I am mad. Why? I ask questions with no answers. Going crazy. It makes no sense. After a flood of tears and sleepless nights, I finally ask myself a much needed question - what exactly are you mad or upset at? I knew the answer all along but desperately wanted to feel safe in self-pity. I am not mad or sad at anything or anyone. I just didn't like the point in time of my existence and what that looked like. Life happened. Unpredictable dynamic system that is chaos that I was signed up for - from the moment I was declared as a living being -  life, is taking its course. I need to make decisions, not drive myself into an unrecoverable madness any further.


So I decide to stand by my non-negotiables of life. I shall seek no repose in the name of struggle; declare no defeat to life's obstacles. I shall remain resilient and rise above. I shall live life as if every hour is my last. Finally, I shall leave no regrets.


Amidst all the clutter, beyond all the obstacles, aside from all the static, are the goals set. I will put my head down, do the best job possible, let the flak pass, and work towards those goals. No kick in the teeth can take away my sense of self-efficacy, strung together with resilience to meet the inevitable obstacles and inequities of life. Struggles are exactly what I need in life. If we were to go through our lives without any obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Repose is not what I seek, and difficulty need not foreshadow defeat. By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, I will unfailingly arrive at my goals. Obstacles surmounted will make achievements all the more satisfying.


I declare independence from all the lemons of life - I will neither make lemonades nor throw them back. I declare independence from seeing temporary struggles as life defining moments. I declare independence from all that will hold me back from fully embracing and living the chaos that I call my life.


Hopelessly hungry for more. It's a good thing.


HA


No comments: