Monday, July 7, 2008

Maestro

I was never a fan of restaurants in hotels. They make me think of tough steaks and flavorless fingerling potatoes that are ridiculously pricey. But then again, CityZen had proven me wrong and showed me that not all hotel restaurant are bad. In fact, some of the best restaurants are located inside of hotels. So I decided to pay a visit (expensive one, I have to say) to well-known establishment, "Maestro", located inside of Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Tysons Galleria.

To make the long story short, food was above mediocre and fell a bit short of great. I mean, it certainly was a "GRAND" meal cooked with extravagant ingredients and in a palace-like atmosphere. I have been to Maestro twice and I don't think I'll be back there again for a long time simply because I have no desire to. But they're looking for a new executive chef thus many changes will take place within the restaurant. So I guess give one more try again here pretty soon. Picture time!



Tomato Water. AMAZING!



Figs, cheese, and parmigiana ice cream. Pretty sick dish (in a good sense)

My favorite dish of the night. Beef tartar with balsamic vinegar & quail eggs


I felt like I was drinking sea water



Didn't get the dish at all. fish and vegetable tempura. No flavors

Kobe Beef w. 50 year old balsamic vinegar





white chocolate covered sorbet. Pretty refreshing

Rating: 6 disappointed fingers

Happy Eating!
HungryAsian

No comments: