Friday, September 11, 2009

Evening Star Cafe - Alexandria, VA

It's been about a year since the last I blogged about my food adventure. It doesn't mean that I stopped blowing my money away at restaurants; my hectic life just wouldn't allow me to do anything other than working, eating, and occasional sleeping. Now that my life is much simpler and stable, I figured I'll get back to sharing my love for gluttany with people who do the same. 

Anyways, Evening Star Cafe, located in Alexandria, Va has become one of my favorite spots to go to. Parking is not easy to find as the establishment stands alongside of the two lane roads in the small neighborhood. Behind the restaurant there is a parking space big enough to fit maybe two cars. But trust me, walking a few blocks for parking is definitely worth it. Everything I ordered made and kept me happy from start to finish. Service is extremely friendly but casual. My sister ordered a mixed adult drink which made her tipsy pretty fast so you know the bar is good.

Now pictures -
Endive Salad with roasted pear w. blue cheese + honey roasted walnuts
Beet salad

MUST TRY - braised short ribs on top of butternut squash risotto.
In famous words of Rachel Zoe,
"I DIE"
"Mac n' Cheese" gnocchi - handmade
Winner of the night - Almond crusted/fried brie. I will eat a tub of this and die happy.
It is a chic and cozy spot away from all the Old Town tourist craziness. Go! NOW!

No comments: